Mr. Blair practices in all aspects of the health care industry. With over fifteen years of experience in health care law, regulation, policy and government affairs, Mr. Blair serves as a liaison to various business and community constituents and political representatives on matters related to Connecticut’s legislative and regulatory health care agenda.
On a day to day basis, Mr.
Blair practices administrative and corporate
law, for acute-care general hospitals and their
affiliates and various other health care providers, such ambulatory surgical centers, radiology practices, multi-specialty physician practices, and individual physicians.
Recent matters have included assisting various hospitals win state approvals for a full cardiac program, a permanent primary angioplasty program, a multi-million dollar master facility plan, ambulatory surgery centers and imaging centers. Mr. Blair has also negotiated settlement agreements with the Department of Social Services and Attorney General fraud units, and coordinated with the Connecticut Health and Financing Authority to restructure hospital bonds.
Prior to establishing Blair Law, Mr. Blair spent four
years as counsel at Brown Rudnick, LLP. In
addition, Mr. Blair served as Chief of Staff to the
Commissioner of the Office of Health Care Access for
seven years. In this capacity, he served as the primary
advisor to the Commissioner on all administrative hearing decisions and other legal matters. He drafted legislation and regulations and was responsible for lobbying for the agency’s legislative agenda. Mr. Blair worked with various health care interest groups and multiple state agencies, as well as legislative and administrative leadership, to pass and defeat state legislation.
Awards & Honors
- Recognized as one of Connecticut's "40 Under Forty" leaders by the publishers of the Hartford Business Journal, 2008
- Honorary Member, Veterans Who Care Committee, Inc., a benevolent veterans’ organization dedicated to assisting needy veterans and/or their immediate family members in Connecticut.
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- Admitted, Connecticut Bar
- Member, Connecticut Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association (Health Law and Administrative Sections)